Klopp rubbishes claims that he will drop Mignolet

Date published: Friday 10th February 2017 2:40

Jurgen Klopp has rubbished claims that he will drop Simon Mignolet as Liverpool’s first-choice goalkeeper.

It emerged on Friday morning that Klopp was considering start Loris Karius in goal against Tottenham after a series of costly mistakes by Mignolet.

It would be the third time Klopp has swapped goalkeepers this season.

Mignolet ended last campaign in goal for the Reds, but he was replaced by new signing Karius, who joined in the summer from Mainz.

But the 23-year-old was dropped late last year after a number of high-profile errors, handing Mignolet another opportunity to impress.

Asked whether the claims that he would again lose his No 1 spot were true, Klopp replied: “Who said I’ve decided? Oh, it’s a rumour. I’ve decided nothing.

“Whoever told you I had changed my No 1, please delete him from your contacts list.

“There is nothing to say about it. It’s not right that anyone could have this information.”

More Related Articles