Klopp: Sakho’s ‘sad story’ continues with injury

Date published: Wednesday 13th July 2016 9:28

Mamadou Sakho Jurgen Klopp Football365

Mamadou Sakho’s “sad story” at Liverpool will continue as the defender has been sidelined with an injury.

The 26-year-old received positive news last week after it was announced that UEFA had dismissed their doping case against him.

The Frenchman is not yet certain to return from the drugs ban imposed on him however, as it emerged earlier this week that the World Anti Doping Agency were considering an appeal over the case dismissal.

Speaking on Tuesday, Reds manager Jurgen Klopp revealed yet more bad news with regards to the player, who missed both his club’s Europa League final, as well as France’s home European Championships.

“Mama is injured,” the German told the Telegraph. “He had a little issue with his Achilles when he was playing, one day on, one off, this kind of thing. When he had his little ‘break’ he used the time to have a little bit of treatment and that now means another three or four weeks before he can train again.

“There was no surgery, he is just not able to train at the moment. He has got some rehab of course. We will see how he reacts to that and then when he can play again.

“I cannot say too much as a manager. I don’t know exactly what will happen now from Mama’s side or UEFA’s side,” said Klopp.

“But as a human being I can say it’s a sad story. He didn’t play now for three and a half months. That’s obviously not really cool but we all know is that doping is a very very serious thing and we cannot have that.

“I am sure they tried to do right thing. Others have to talk about this because I don’t know what I am allowed or able to say.”

More Related Articles

Comments