Lacazette open to Atletico move despite transfer ban

Date published: Tuesday 6th June 2017 2:35

Alexandre Lacazette has admitted that not playing for six months to wait for Atletico Madrid’s transfer ban to expire is “an option”.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled last week that Atleti’s ban would be upheld, meaning the reported verbal agreement they had with Lacazette would have to wait.

The 26-year-old admitted to Eurosport that waiting six months to put on the Atletico shirt is not out of the question.

“It is possible. This is a case that can not be ruled out,” Lacazette said.

“I did not think about it too much because the president [of Lyon, Jean-Michel Aulas] said it was not possible. We must prepare for all the contingencies but that is not the plan I would prefer.”

Lacazette continued by flirting with a move to the Premier League, with reported interest from Liverpool and Arsenal described as “an interesting option”.

“It is a beautiful championship [the Premier League] with teams that are interesting,” he said. “For now, these are only rumours.”

He also suggested that a move to Borussia Dortmund to replace Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could be tempting, should the BVB star move on.

“That would be interesting,” he said of playing in the Bundesliga. “Dortmund is a great club.”

More Related Articles

Comments