Liverpool? Arsenal? Ancelotti speaks out amid rumours

Date published: Tuesday 3rd October 2017 8:25

Carlo Ancelotti will not coach again this season as he intends to take a 10-month break from football following his departure from Bayern Munich.

The 58-year-old Italian left Bundesliga champions Bayern last week, following a heavy Champions League defeat to Paris St Germain, and he has since been linked with AC Milan.

The Rossoneri, who Ancelotti twice led to the Champions League trophy, have made a disappointing start to the Serie A campaign, sparking rumours that boss Vincenzo Montella could be on his way out.

Milan director Massimiliano Mirabelli has said Montella is safe for the time being, although Ancelotti would represent a viable option should the San Siro board choose to make a change.

But the former Chelsea and Real Madrid coach has no plans to take another job in 2017-18.

He told Sky Sport Italia: “For the next 10 months I will relax, I will not coach another team.”

On his sacking at Bayern, he added: “It’s better to stay quiet on that.”

More Related Articles

Comments