Liverpool target Ter Stegen refuses to rule out City switch

Date published: Wednesday 6th April 2016 12:54

Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen says he has not agreed to join Manchester City, but admits he will consider his future in the summer.

Ter Stegen joined Barcelona from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2014, but has been used in rotation with Chile stopper Claudio Bravo by manager Luis Enrique.

Last week the Daily Telegraph reported the German international will snub a move to Liverpool in order to link up with Pep Guardiola at the Etihad.

And while the 23-year-old insists a deal has not been agreed, he refused to rule out a move completely.

“It’s not true that I have signed for Manchester City,” Ter Stegen said. “At the end of the season we will see what the situation is, and we can talk again then, OK? We have so many games at the moment, and that is all I can say [for now].

“For me the most important thing is to play well, and that we win all our games. Barcelona is an incredible team. I cannot say any more. We will see how it all turns out.”

Ter Stegen has already made his dissatisfaction at not being Barcelona’s first-choice goalkeeper publicly known.

He told German outlet sport1.de: “Barca are a great club and things can still change between now and the summer.

“If the situation remains the way it is at the moment, however, then we’re definitely going to have to talk – there’s no avoiding that.”

More Related Articles

Comments