Liverpool’s preparing final push for Keita – report

Date published: Friday 28th July 2017 8:37

Liverpool are preparing one final push to sign Naby Keita from RB Leipzig, according to reports.

The Reds have had two offers of £58million and £66million rejected for the 22-year-old but, according to The Mirror, Jurgen Klopp has instructed the club to make one final offer for the attacker who Leipzig value in excess of £70million.

The latest claim, which says an offer will be submitted next week, comes almost a week after The Independent reported that a £75million proposal was to be submitted.

Keita is understood to be keen to move on and is said to have told his advisors to “make a concerted effort to get him out of Leipzig”.

With the Bundesliga club standing their ground over their desire to keep Keita, or at least get the highest price possible, the relationship between the player and his club appears to be souring.

A training session was abandoned earlier this week after Keita injured a team-mate, while Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick has attempted to clarify comments he made around a “whole village in Guinea”. 

 

More Related Articles

Comments