Man United target’s agent admits Napoli could sell him

Date published: Wednesday 21st February 2018 1:58

The agent of Manchester United target Jorginho says his client “could be sacrificed by Napoli” in the summer.

The 26-year-old defensive midfielder has been added to Jose Mourinho’s hit list, according to the Manchester Evening News last month.

They claimed Jorginho has become a target for Mourinho, who is looking to add some depth to his midfield with Michael Carrick set to retire and Marouane Fellaini all set to leave on a free in the summer.

Rai Sport even suggested that United had met members of Jorginho’s entourage to discuss a summer switch to Old Trafford.

And now the agent of Jorginho, Joao Santos, who earlier this month put his client off a move to Manchester because “it rains too much” has now opened the door on a summer transfer.

“He has been there for four years now and feels Neapolitan,” Santos told Radio CRC.

“It’s an issue of mentality, it’s a family at Napoli and they all play for each other. Right now everyone is concentrated on the Scudetto, an objective they’ve been missing for 30 years.

“I think we’ll discuss a renewal at the end of the season, as it’s not the moment to talk about that, because he still has a long contract.

“He wants to stay, although we’ll have to see if Napoli agree with that. If a player like Torreira arrives from Sampdoria, then that will require an important investment and Jorginho could be sacrificed to make way.

“I think they’d rather sell Jorginho than Amadou Diawara, who is younger.”

Jorginho will have two years on his contract remaining in June and his future will depend on whether Napoli decide to cash in on the Brazilian-born Italian international.


More from Planet Sport: Johnny Nic on tennis’ lonely world, mental health and player wellness (Tennis365)


More Related Articles