Monaco namedrop Arsenal and Liverpool in Lemar update

Date published: Tuesday 30th January 2018 10:04

Monaco president Vadim Vasilyev has confirmed that Thomas Lemar will stay with the club until the summer at least.

Lemar has been linked with a Premier League move since last summer, when Arsenal had a £92million bid accepted but failed to push the move through.

Liverpool have also targeted the winger previously, but neither side has made a move this month.

Vasilyev says that any offer would not be “relevant” anyway, as Monaco are insistent on keeping the player for now.

“He will stay at Monaco until the end of the season at 100 per cent,” he told RMC.

“If Liverpool or Arsenal come with a big offer before the end of the market? This is not relevant.

“We will say no because the objectives are clear. Without important players like Lemar, we will not succeed.”

PLANET SPORT recommends: Roger Federer’s top 10 Grand Slam wins (Tennis365)


More Related Articles

Comments