Mourinho won’t comment on Stones

Date published: Wednesday 28th January 2015 2:33

Mourinho won't comment on Stones

The Blues are understood to have had four bids rejected so far – although Everton refused to confirm the latest reported £37million offer – and are unlikely to lodge a further bid before Tuesday’s 6pm deadline.
“I don’t speak about players from other teams,” said Mourinho, whose side play Crystal Palace on Saturday in his 100th Premier League home game at Stamford Bridge.
“I have a good squad. I’m happy with the squad I have. If I get another player until the end of the market, good. If I don’t get, we go with what we have.”
Mourinho was asked about Everton boss Roberto Martinez’s belief that the transfer window should close before the competition begins.
It is something the Portuguese has suggested previously, but he refused to respond.
“You think I’m going to comment on Roberto Martinez’s words?” Mourinho said.
“Not generally, I don’t comment. I don’t comment on other opinions.”
Speculation of a Chelsea move for France midfielder Paul Pogba continues as the transfer deadline approaches, but Mourinho again declined to comment.
“I’m not going to do the ‘like’, ‘I would like’ of Pogba. He’s a Juventus player, I’m the Chelsea manager,” added Mourinho, who last week rebuked Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri for commenting on his fondness for Ramires and Oscar.
The Blues have also been linked with China right-back Zhang Linpeng from Guangzhou Evergande, an interest which is understood to be genuine. Once more, Mourinho was silent.
“He is a Guangzhou player, so it’s the same story. I don’t comment,” Mourinho added.

More Related Articles

Comments