Neymar confirms Manchester United talks

Date published: Friday 25th September 2015 8:07

Neymar.Barcelona.F365

Barcelona star Neymar says he “had conversations” with Manchester United over a potential move during the summer transfer window.

The 23-year-old Brazil star was heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford last month, but Barcelona claimed the speculation was just  a “rumour”.

Now however, Neymar has confirmed there was an approach from Louis van Gaal’s men, who were attempting to line up a move for the player next summer.

“We had conversations, but there was nothing concrete,” Neymar told ESPN. “I heard that there were offers, but none made it to me.”

Neymar is contracted to Barca until 2018 and the Catalan giants are hoping to extend the players deal, who signed for them from Santos in May 2013.

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu last month quashed all talk of a move for the player, a view which was echoed by the forward’s agent Wagner Ribeiro.

“Those are just rumours and what people write but there is nothing to it,” Bartomeu told Catalan radio station Catalunya Radio.

“Neymar is happy at Barca. We don’t want Neymar to leave at all.”

Neymar is believed to have a buyout clause of £140m, but Barca are keen to tie him down to another deal with a buy-out closer to £200m to ward off interest from United and Europe’s other big guns.

 

More Related Articles

Comments