No approach from Arsenal for Howe – Mostyn

Date published: Monday 26th September 2016 3:59

Eddie Howe Bournemouth

Arsenal haven’t made any approaches for Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe, according to the south coast club’s chairman Jeff Mostyn.

Arsene Wenger is out of contract at the end of this season and speculation has been rife that the Cherries boss could be the man to replace the Frenchman if he departs the Emirates Stadium.

However, Mostyn insists that Howe is committed to Bournemouth but says the club are always flattered when people show interest in their players and manager.

“For us it’s flattering to have our manager linked with jobs, although nobody has actually contacted us in a professional manner about them, with Arsenal, Everton and England,” he told the Daily Mail.

“It’s immensely flattering when people are interested in our manager or players but at the same time we could probably do without that. It does have an effect on people.

“Eddie is committed to the work he started with us and in his words there is still unfinished business. I know he wants to stabilise the club so that we’re a regular member of the Premier League elite and that is what our achievements have shown so far.”

Bournemouth finished 16th last season and the chairman is confident the club can improve on their impressive first Premier League campaign.

“Few people expected us to have such a good season as we had last year, especially after the injuries – losing four for the season,” Mostyn continued.

“This year – the cliched second season syndrome – has not really happened yet. He [Howe] has a great steel and determination, and learns from his peers.

“He’s developing all the time and when you have an insatiable appetite for development you’re always going to have a winning model.”

More Related Articles

Comments