No contact with PSG over Sanchez, claims Wenger

Date published: Wednesday 9th August 2017 10:16

Arsene Wenger claims that Arsenal “are not open to any offers” for Alexis Sanchez and says there hasn’t been any contact with Paris Saint-Germain over a potential move.

Reports in Wednesday’s newspapers suggested that PSG were ready to offer £80million to beat Manchester City to the signing of Sanchez.

However, Wenger seemed convinced that Sanchez – who is in the last year of his contract – will be going nowhere this summer.

“It is a long time I didn’t speak to PSG, it is a long time since I spoke to them,” Wenger told a press conference on Wednesday. “I don’t expect them to get in touch (about Sanchez).

“I read in the papers Mbappe is the player PSG want, and I expect no contact from PSG.

“We are trying to extend the contract of Alexis but we are not there yet.”

Wenger added: “I can’t tell you if there have been any bids for Alexis. We are not open to any offers.”

More Related Articles

Comments