Juventus say they haven’t received any offers for reported Manchester United target Paul Pogba.
Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola has admitted he has opened talks about the sale of the France midfielder to Real Madrid – and the player has hinted they are the club he would like to join.
However, Juve have reported that they have not had a bid for the former Manchester United man.
“We have not received any offers [for Pogba],” said chief executive Giuseppe Marotta. “He is a fundamental and indispensable player for the present and future of Juventus.”
Marotta’s comments come just 24 hours after Marca claimed the 23-year-old can leave the club this summer as long as their valuation was matched.
Last month Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho was reportedly considering a move for Pogba, who has enjoyed four successful years at Juve after leaving United in 2012,
The Times claimed Pogba was “informally” available for transfer, with the Serie A champions willing to listen to offers for him.
France national team boss Didier Deschamps was also asked about the player’s future at the end of the stalemate against Switzerland on Sunday night.
“There is too much pressure on him. People expect too much,” Deschamps said. “He’s not the same kind of player of Zidane and Platini. He’ll never be a number 10 like them. Whoever expects that is wrong.”