Crystal Palace have reportedly been told they will have to fork out £30million if they want to sign the Belgian striker from Liverpool this summer.
The 25-year-old has struggled to settle in to life at Anfield, and Eagles boss Alan Pardew is understood to be interested in acquiring the player after they seemingly lost out on the race for Marseille forward Michy Batshuayi.
The Reds are keen to get back most of what they paid Aston Villa it seems, and according to the Telegraph “Fenway Sports Group are adamant they have no compulsion to sell below the going rate”.
However, Benteke’s agent Kismet Eris does not expect his client to leave Liverpool this summer.
“Yes [I expect him to stay at Liverpool],” he told Sport Witness.
“[There’s] nothing at all with any team [at the moment].”
Jurgen Klopp’s side confirmed the capture of Southampton’s Sadio Mane on Tuesday, thrusting Benteke’s future into even more doubt.
Earlier this month, the former Genk man admitted he would be happy to move on if he is not part of Klopp’s plans.
“At 25 years old, I’m neither old nor young but it’s important to play,” Benteke said.
“I still have a contract at Liverpool and I’d like to stay there, if I remain in the coach’s plans.
“If that’s not the case, it will become difficult to stay. I’ll think about if after the Euros.”