Report: Everton turn down £25m bid from Chelsea for Barkley

Date published: Wednesday 30th August 2017 9:05

Chelsea have seen an offer of £25million for Ross Barkley rejected by Everton, according to reports.

The England international recently turned down the offer of a new contract and is now into the final year of his deal with the Merseysiders.

“Ross told me at the end of the season he wanted another challenge,” Koeman said last month.

The Toffees are understood to want £50million for Barkley and the BBC claims that Chelsea have made an offer way below the asking price with a bid of £25million.

With Barkley’s deal running down and the added complication of a hamstring injury that could rule him out for up to three months, it is expected that Everton will accept below their initial valuation of the midfielder.

Tottenham are also long-time admirers of the 23-year-old and the Toffees will be keen to avoid losing him for nothing in the summer.

More Related Articles

Comments