Real Madrid make contact with Hazard’s ‘close circle’

Date published: Wednesday 10th January 2018 9:00

Eden Hazard could swap Chelsea for La Liga side Real Madrid in the summer transfer window, according to reports.

The Belgium international has once again been one of the Blues’ standout performers so far this campaign, scoring nine goals and contributing four assists in all competitions.

Chelsea have so far been unsuccessful in their attempt to tie him down to fresh terms at Stamford Bridge with the 27-year-old understood to have rejected two offers.

Hazard, whose current deal runs out in 2020, recently gave supporters hope that he could sign a new deal after saying he was waiting for goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois to put pen to paper first.

“I will answer you the same as Thibaut,” Hazard told French media.

“First, he must sign, then I will be able to continue. I do not know who will be the first to sign his new contract.

“It’s a secret…”

However, Radio Monte Carlo claims that Real Madrid have held talks over a potential move for Hazard – who is manager Zinedine Zidane’s top transfer target.

Spanish publication AS carries the same claim: that Hazard’s ‘close circle’ has been contacted by Real with regards to a potential move.

Hazard’s father, Thierry, revealed in December that his son had rejected a new contract offer from the Blues, with one offer reported to be worth €17.6million (£15.5million).

“What I can reveal about Eden is that he refused a contract extension,” he said.

“This was so that, if necessary, he could follow the interest of Real, whom he could see himself playing for.

“As of right now, there is no contact from Real Madrid. Eden is only one of the parties involved in his future.”


More Related Articles

Comments