Sakho makes permanent Rennes switch

Date published: Monday 29th January 2018 11:50

Diafra Sakho has left West Ham for Rennes for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year-old striker has been with the London club for three and a half years after signing from Metz in the summer of 2014, but the Senegal international will now return to France in a reported £9million deal.

He had been linked with a departure from West Ham last summer but he spent transfer deadline day at Chelmsford racecourse, where one of his representatives had a runner – the Siege of Boston – in the 3.20.

His agent Mark McKay told Press Association Sport on August 31 that a few off-field issues needed to be resolved before any transfer could take place.

No move materialised in the summer but Sakho, who scored 24 goals in 71 appearances for the Hammers, has now left the London Stadium.

A statement on West Ham’s website said: “West Ham would like to thank Diafra for his efforts and wish him well for his future career.”

Sakho scored 24 goals in 71 appearances for the Hammers, has signed a contract until 2020 with the Ligue 1 club.


More Related Articles

Comments