Schurrle gives verdict on Liverpool transfer link

Date published: Friday 29th April 2016 10:58

1024x534.7096774193549__origin__0x82_Andre_Schurrle_celebration

Former Chelsea forward Andre Schurrle is concerned about his future at Wolfsburg, but says “it’s not my style to join in with the speculation”.

Schurrle joined the Bundesliga side in February 2015 after an generally unproductive 18-month spell with Chelsea and he was last week linked with a move to Tottenham.

The 25-year-old Germany international refused to give anything away though when he was specifically asked about Liverpool’s ¬†reported interest in him.

Schurrle told Bild: “I have not heard anything about it. It’s not my style to join in with the speculation.

“The European Championships are coming up. I want to play well in the three final matches for Wolfsburg – that’s my focus. We’ll see what happens after that. The sporting director has talked about a squad overhaul, and allegedly I am part of that. You need to see what happens.”

Schurrle has scored nine goals in 38 appearances for the Lower Saxony-based club and he is still under contract until 2019, but last weekend he admitted his future was uncertain.

“We have to talk about the future,” admitted Schurrle, who is hoping for a place in Germany’s squad at Euro 2016.

Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs has hinted that the 2015 DFB Pokal winners are set to overhaul the squad this summer after a disappointing season. The club are currently 10th in the table and have already terminated striker Nicklas Bendtner’s contract, while Max Kruse and Bas Dost are also being tipped to depart the Volkswagen Arena.

More Related Articles

Comments