Manchester United have shelved plans to chase a new left-back in January after the resurgent form of Luke Shaw.
The England left-back has returned to the Manchester United fold in recent weeks, starting four consecutive Premier League games before Ashley Young returned against Burnley.
There may be few better left-backs than Luke Shaw at the moment, but turns out one of them is Ashley Young.
— Rob Dawson (@RobDawsonESPN) January 20, 2018
The Independent claims that Jose Mourinho has been impressed with Shaw’s “application”, directly leading him to give up on plans to sign Juventus left-back Alex Sandro and Tottenham’s Danny Rose.
Shaw himself said earlier this month: “The manager has been really good with me and has given me extra confidence.
“He’s just told me to go out and enjoy the games and that’s what I’ve been doing. I’m focused on working really hard for the manager and for the team because I want to keep on playing and hopefully more games will come.”
Meanwhile, the Manchester Evening News claim that ‘Juventus defender Alex Sandro is Jose Mourinho’s preferred left-back target should Manchester United seek a replacement for Luke Shaw in the summer.’