Strike ace Doyle poised for Rams start

Date published: Monday 24th August 2015 2:08

Strike ace Doyle poised for Rams start

The 18-year-old American forward signed a two-year deal with the Rams earlier this month and made brief substitute appearances in the games against Crewe and Cardiff.
Tomasz Cywka fractured his cheekbone in the defeat to Cardiff last weekend and is expected to miss out, which means Doyle could get the nod.
“Conor could start,” said manager Nigel Clough, who is waiting on the fitness of strikers Rob Hulse and Chris Porter.
“(Coach) Johnny Metgod said the other day that the only reason we are not picking Conor is because of his lack of experience but he is never going to get it unless we pick him.”
Hulse and Porter have yet to train with the rest of the squad this week. A sore Achilles ruled Hulse out against Cardiff while Porter (hip) was only fit enough for the bench.

More Related Articles

Comments