Villa director rubbishes Sherwood reports

Date published: Thursday 15th October 2015 11:03

tim sherwood

Tim Sherwood does not have to win one of his next two games to avoid the sack, says Aston Villa chief Charles Krulak.

Reports claimed over the weekend that Sherwood must guide Aston Villa to at least one win in their next two games – against Chelsea and Swansea – to save his job at Villa Park.

Villa have won just one Premier League game so far this season and sit 18th in the table as a result, with pressure mounting on Sherwood after a summer which saw over £50million worth of players signed.

But Villa club director Krulak has rubbished claims that Sherwood is already fighting for his job, and has intimated he could be a “long-term” appointment at the club.

“We realise there is concern amongst our supporters,” Krulak told The Sun. “I see that on their message boards and I see that on social media as well.

“This is a critical point in a season, we know.

“I speak to Randy just about every day and we are still convinced we have good players and a good team. There has been a bit of bad luck along the way.

“To say Tim Sherwood has to win those games to survive is pure speculation.

“Randy has always wanted continuity and someone there for the long-term.”

More Related Articles

Comments