Wenger irked by Arsenal fans; reveals future plans

Date published: Tuesday 29th March 2016 7:59

Arsene Wenger Football365

Arsene Wenger has condemned fans’ criticism of him and revealed he has no plans to walk away from Arsenal in the summer.

Wenger has come under increasing pressure from Gunners fans after Arsenal’s title challenge has faltered in recent weeks and on a couple of occasions fans have unveiled banners demanding the Frenchman leave.

Wenger, 66, does have a year to run on his Arsenal contract and he was recently backed by the club’s second-largest shareholder, Alisher Usmanov, who claimed Wenger is one of the club’s biggest assets.

And Wenger, who was asked if he sees himself in charge next season, says he does not see any reason why he should end his 19-year reign.

“I have no doubt because I’m committed,” he told BeIN Sports. “When I do something I do it 100 per cent and I’m always committed to give my best as long as I’m at my club.

“I don’t worry too much about what people say, their judgement and opinions. I focus on what is important, which is to perform.

“I am appointed to perform and do my best for the club; that’s all I focus on. My future is my future but I’m no master of it.”

In the last month Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League and FA Cup and they now find themselves trailing the league leaders Leicester by 11 points and fans’ protestations have become more vocal – a fact which Wenger claims has been unhelpful.

He added: “You give your best, I think the criticism during the season is not very welcome when you are fighting for the championship, especially after the game against Tottenham when we were a bit unlucky.

“You have to live with that, what is most important is that every day I work for the club I love. If I can share that love with the supporters it’s even better.

“At the end of the day I want to make sure that I give my best and put my knowledge at the disposal of my team.”

More Related Articles

Comments