Wenger to stay for one more year? That’s the rumour

Date published: Sunday 19th March 2017 10:56

Despite growing expectation that Arsene Wenger would leave his position as Arsenal manager this summer, Sunday brings news to the contrary.

Well, it brings rumour to the contrary. The Sunday Express’ Neil Fissler has an ‘exclusive’ on the news that Wenger will sign a new one-year contract at Arsenal.

‘Wenger, 67, was offered a two-year deal earlier in the season – but The Sunday Express understands he has reached a compromise to stay on for one more year,’ Fissler writes.

Wenger said after the defeat at West Brom that his future would be decided “very soon”, but staying on would certainly fuel the protests that have met each disappointing result in 2017.

It should be said, for balance, that the same writer had an exclusive two weeks ago that Max Allegri would replace Wenger as Arsenal manager next season. We’re not quite sure how that happens if Wenger is staying on, but we’re just passing on the exclusive.

As ever with Arsenal, we will wait to hear from David Ornstein, Amy Lawrence, James Olley or John Cross. Each are far more likely to have the inside track.


More Related Articles

Comments