Zidane lines up Hazard deal as contract talks stall – report

Date published: Wednesday 6th December 2017 11:29

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has made contact with Chelsea star Eden Hazard as he lines up a summer move, according to reports.

Speculation is growing once more that the Belgium international could leave the Premier League for the Spanish champions.

Diario Gol claims that Zidane has called Hazard over the last week to keep communications open as he looks to land his No.1 choice for next summer.

The Frenchman wants to add more goals to his team with Alvaro Morata departing in the last transfer window, while Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to have scored five or more times this season.

A report in the The Times on Tuesday will have encouraged Zidane, with the newspaper claiming that talks over a new £300,000-a-week contract have stalled.

And, despite pledging his immediate future to Chelsea, Hazard recently spoke of his admiration for Real Madrid and their boss.

“I am always very fine at this club. I still have two years of my contract [left],” Hazard told Canal+. “When I feel the desire to leave, I’ll leave. But, for now, I’m a Blue.

“We know the admiration that I have for Real, but I’m at Chelsea. Every year, things were said about me but I stayed.

“In Lille, I was announced in Paris, but I stayed. And in Chelsea, people always said that I’m leaving, but I’m still here.”


More Related Articles

Comments