Mancini stands firm over Mario

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has dismissed the latest speculation linking striker Mario Balotelli with a move to AC Milan.

Last Updated: 25/01/13 at 16:37 Post Comment

Mario Balotelli: Expected to stay, says Roberto Mancini

Mario Balotelli: Expected to stay, says Roberto Mancini

Balotelli's future at City has been in question throughout January and reports in Italy suggest Milan remain interested in the player.

While the Serie A club have been priced out of a permanent deal for the 22-year-old, there have been fresh reports he could move on loan to the San Siro.

But Mancini insists there has been no approach for his compatriot or any other members of the City squad as he prepares his players for Saturday's FA Cup tie at Stoke.

Mancini said: "It is not true, Mario stays here. We didn't have any requests about Mario or other players."

Mancini has maintained this firm line on the possibility of Balotelli leaving the Etihad Stadium, even after a training-ground bust-up with the player earlier this month.

Milan are interested in the forward with vice-president Adriano Galliani issuing regular statements on the possibility of a deal but the club are unwilling to meet City's reported £28million valuation.

Galliani has urged City to lower the price but Mancini says he has no intention of letting his former Inter protege leave, even on loan.

When asked if Balotelli was part of his long-term plans, Mancini said: "Yes, Mario has another three years on his contract."

Mancini was speaking at a press conference to preview his side's FA fourth-round tie at Stoke.

The Balotelli subject was the first to be discussed and Mancini said: "For two years, the first question is always Mario!"

The transfer window closes next week but Mancini is not anticipating much activity.

He said: "I don't know but we don't have enough players. We are 18 players now. We can't sell any players."

When asked on the possibility of players coming in, Mancini said: "I think it is difficult."

Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

C

redit to Vlaar for stepping up. Better to be the man who missed than be the coward who wouldn't step up for his country

avspitfire
Dutch stars refused penalty

W

ho were the two who refused? Oh come on Football365 tell us - just pretend you're The Daily Mail or The Star and make it up if any any doubt.....

thesideparting
Dutch stars refused penalty

I

don't see Neymar or Suarez wanting to play second fiddle to Messi or playing to support Messi in his quest to get the World Player of the Year award back.

chelseablue_no1
Can Suarez Succeed Where Cesc Failed?

Footer 365

World Cup: Louis van Gaal says two Netherlands players refused to take first penalty against Argentina

Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal claims none of his players wanted to take the first penalty against Argentina.

World Cup: Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella thinks Germany are favourites for Sunday's final

​Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella thinks a well-rested Germany will have the advantage in Sunday's World Cup final.

World Cup: Penalty joy for Argentina as they beat Netherlands to reach final

Argentina overcame Netherlands on penalties after a 0-0 draw to set up a meeting with Germany in the World Cup final.

Mail Box

Mails: Are Footballers Just Big Kids?

That's what the mailbox thinks, with Brazil's players showing a lack of responsibility in their 7-1 thrashing by Germany. Plus, more on Ozil and the importance of passion...

'Wow' Says The Mailbox In Unison. Wow Indeed.

There is understandably a great deal of reaction to Tuesday night's lunacy, but we have added thoughts on the anti-Ozil 'agenda' and Liverpool acting like they're big-time...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property