Schalke eye Holtby resolution

Schalke general manager Horst Heldt says Tottenham are yet to make an improved offer to sign Lewis Holtby this month but expects a resolution to the situation early this week.

Last Updated: 28/01/13 at 19:03 Post Comment

Lewis Holtby: Has been linked with an early move to Tottenham

Lewis Holtby: Has been linked with an early move to Tottenham

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Germany international midfielder Holtby has already signed a pre-contract agreement to join Spurs when he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.

But the North Londoners are thought to be pushing to bring him to White Hart Lane this month as manager Andre Villas-Boas looks to strengthen his midfield options following injury to Sandro.

The Bundesliga club last week claimed to have rejected Tottenham's offer to sign the 22-year-old this month, branding the bid "unacceptable".

Heldt says Spurs are yet to table an improved offer and reports in France suggest Schalke are waiting on that bid to help fund a move for Lyon's Michel Bastos.

The Schalke chief is hoping the situation will be resolved soon, telling L'Equipe: "We didn't have any news from Tottenham since the first proposition we refused five days ago.

"But the situation should sort itself out early this week."

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

d like to add players who push their team-mates out of the way to celebrate on their own

exhausted
The Ten Most Hated Things In Football

I

f I were Manuel Pellegrini I would keep quiet and hope the Board didn't notice City not winning anything. If he isn't sacked I'd be astonished.

lfcfan80
Pellegrini: I won't be sacked

S

till I suppose it still gives him at least another year in the job. By the time it comes around , he can always make up another excuse. First it was 3 months , then a year .....Next year ? Whats his excuse with Van Persie ?

spud1
Di Maria 'could peak next year'

Footer 365

Newcastle 0-1 Man United: Evans and Cisse accused of spitting as visitors leave it late...

Manchester United nicked a 1-0 win at Newcastle but Jonny Evans and Papiss Cisse were involved in an unsavoury incident.

Neville 'concerned' over Reds form

Gary Neville has admitted that he is "concerned" that a resurgent Liverpool could qualify for the Champions League ahead of Manchester United.

Boro claim top spot as Derby lose

Middlesbrough became the new Championship leaders as they took advantage of Derby's latest slip by beating Millwall 3-0.

Mail Box

Look Away Now Please, Sherwood...

Sherwood's cringeworthiness, Matic's Wembley celebrations, why LVG must show balls - it's all here in your Wednesday afternoon Mailbox...

United's No 2 Isn't That Bad Either...

One mailboxer is getting in a flap about the claim Man Utd would struggle without De Dea, while there's some anger directed at Chelsea...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company