Remy will face no action

On-loan Newcastle forward Loic Remy will not face any further action, following his arrest over a rape claim last May.

Last Updated: 14/02/14 at 14:04

Loic Remy: On loan at Newcastle from QPR

Loic Remy: On loan at Newcastle from QPR

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

The 27-year-old France international, who is on loan at Newcastle from QPR, was arrested last spring along with two other men, after a women said she had been attacked in Fulham.

However, at the time of the arrest Remy's lawyers said he denied the claim and the three men have now been told they will face no further action over the allegations.

Scotland Yard did not name Remy but a Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "Officers from (sex crime unit) Sapphire investigated an allegation of rape on 6 May in the Fulham area.

"The allegation was passed on to the Metropolitan Police Service by Kent Police on 8 May after the 34-year-old female victim reported it to them the previous day.

"The victim alleged she was raped by three men.

"On the morning of Wednesday, 15 May, three men aged 26, 23 and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape.

"They were taken into custody at a west London police station and all three men were bailed pending further inquiries.

"On February 13, and following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, the three men were informed that no further action would be taken against them."

Remy's lawyers Harbottle and Lewis later released a statement which read: "We act for Loic Remy.

"We can confirm press reports that no further action is being taken against our client following a complaint made to police in May last year.

"Our client denied the claim from the outset and was never charged with any offence. This matter is now at an end and no further statement will be made on this matter. "

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Yaya Toure happy to stay at Manchester City

Yaya Toure has reaffirmed his commitment to Manchester City, insisting he wants to stay for "as long as possible".

Champions League: Henning Berg hopeful of Legia Warsaw's chances against Celtic

Legia Warsaw boss Henning Berg hopes his side can get a positive result against Celtic in their Champions League tie.

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property