White Hart Lane

Next Game

Tottenham v QPR

Sunday, 24 August 2014, 13:30

Barclays Prem

Loftus Road Stadium

Last Game

QPR 0 - 1 Hull City

Saturday, 16 August 2014, 15:00

Barclays Prem

Remy will face no action

On-loan Newcastle forward Loic Remy will not face any further action, following his arrest over a rape claim last May.

Last Updated: 14/02/14 at 14:04

Loic Remy: On loan at Newcastle from QPR

Loic Remy: On loan at Newcastle from QPR

Bet £10 Get £30

Daily Offers And Promotions. Join Now & Bet £10 and Get a £30 Free Bet

The 27-year-old France international, who is on loan at Newcastle from QPR, was arrested last spring along with two other men, after a women said she had been attacked in Fulham.

However, at the time of the arrest Remy's lawyers said he denied the claim and the three men have now been told they will face no further action over the allegations.

Scotland Yard did not name Remy but a Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "Officers from (sex crime unit) Sapphire investigated an allegation of rape on 6 May in the Fulham area.

"The allegation was passed on to the Metropolitan Police Service by Kent Police on 8 May after the 34-year-old female victim reported it to them the previous day.

"The victim alleged she was raped by three men.

"On the morning of Wednesday, 15 May, three men aged 26, 23 and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape.

"They were taken into custody at a west London police station and all three men were bailed pending further inquiries.

"On February 13, and following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, the three men were informed that no further action would be taken against them."

Remy's lawyers Harbottle and Lewis later released a statement which read: "We act for Loic Remy.

"We can confirm press reports that no further action is being taken against our client following a complaint made to police in May last year.

"Our client denied the claim from the outset and was never charged with any offence. This matter is now at an end and no further statement will be made on this matter. "

Bet £10 Get £30

Daily Offers And Promotions. Join Now & Bet £10 and Get a £30 Free Bet

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

O

K FIFA we're done, you can ban us now

jimmyjazz
Barcelona transfer ban upheld

A

h Daniel. I could spend hours on this subject putting the world to rights. You can even take a step back and ask why football fans (and society in general) have this need to know that something will happen before it actually does. There are times this important, when it comes to things like war, food production and natural disasters. A man you've never met changing his job? Not so much.

ajsr1982
Time To Burst The ITK Bubble

G

reat article. Hits the nail on the head. Encapsulates why I don't read tabloid newspapers anymore. The only thing worse is the 'told you so first' headline when they get lucky.

ianonabeach
Time To Burst The ITK Bubble

Footer 365

Transfer news: Marco Reus said to have turned down move to Manchester United

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has told Onda Cero that Marco Reus rejected a move to Man Utd this summer.

Transfer News: Swansea complete deal for Napoli defender Federico Fernandez

Swansea City have signed defender Federico Fernandez from Napoli for an undisclosed fee.

FIFA committee rejects Barcelona's appeal against transfer ban

Barcelona will be unable to sign new players in the next two windows after a FIFA committee upheld their transfer ban.

Mail Box

So Long And Good Luck To Nani

A Mailbox that offers best wishes to a departing hero, defends Olivier Giroud, tells us to steady on over Calum Chambers and makes some amusing predictions...

Mailbox: Feeling Sorry For Poor TC23

If there's one loser in all the machinations at Man United, it's poor TC23. We have mercifully few mails on United, but lots on Arsenal and in particular Olivier Giroud...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property