NEW DATES SET FOR SERIE A GAMES

Last weekend's Serie A fixtures which were postponed will be played on April 24 and 25.

Last Updated: 16/04/12 at 20:25 Post Comment

Morosini's death postponed last weekend's fixtures

Morosini's death postponed last weekend's fixtures

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Last weekend's Serie A fixtures which were postponed following the death of Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini will be played on April 24 and 25, the Lega Serie A have confirmed.

All matches in Italy at the weekend were called off in memory of Morosini, who suffered a suspected heart attack during Saturday's Serie B match at Pescara.

The Lega Serie A met on Monday night and later announced the 33rd round of fixtures would take place on Tuesday and Wednesday next week, following the 34th round at the weekend.

Title rivals Juventus and AC Milan will both kick off at 6pm local time on April 25.

Reports in Italy earlier claimed clubs had clashed regarding the proposed dates.

Ahead of the meeting in Milan, Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti said to www.inter.it: "We have to do what is right.

"I don't think it is the case to create any controversy at this time."

The Lega had considered moving the matches to this weekend, and switching round 34 to April 25, but several clubs reportedly wanted this weekend's scheduled fixtures to go ahead with round 33 moved to next week.

Moratti believes the decision to call off games was the right one.

Inter had been due to play at Udinese - Morosini's parent club - on Saturday night.

"I think it was obvious not to play the game," Moratti said. "It was the only choice that could be taken because it was a serious episode, which sent the right message.

"It was normal and understandable.

"For Udinese players, it was a case of losing a team-mate, a team player, who everybody knew well.

"Hence, it was a very serious situation, a horrible episode and the football world understood it."

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Transfer News: Reported Manchester United target Arturo Vidal 'happy' to stay at Juventus

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is convinced Arturo Vidal will remain with the club for the forthcoming season.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property