ZEMAN IN TALKS WITH ROMA

Zdenek Zeman has confirmed he is in advanced talks with Roma over the vacant coaching position.

Last Updated: 30/05/12 at 08:59 Post Comment

Zdenek Zeman: Number one candidate to replace Enrique

Zdenek Zeman: Number one candidate to replace Enrique

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

The 65-year-old is the number one candidate to replace Luis Enrique, who resigned from the post earlier this month.

"I've had talks with Roma and we are already at an advanced stage," Zeman said to Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Czech tactician guided the Eternal City outfit from 1997 until 1999 and is looking forward to working with veteran Roma captain Francesco Totti again.

"It's too early to talk about this (the project)," he said.

"But if Totti proves he is in good form then he will always play.

"With me, those that work hard in training always play, regardless of their names or ages."

Zeman recently led Pescara to promotion to Italy's top flight in his first season at the club.

Roma endured a disappointing campaign under Luis Enrique and finished outside of the Serie A European places in seventh.

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

A

nd yet... Jermain Defoe is still going to pronounce himself gobsmacked when he learns he hasn't made the England squad for the Euro qualifiers.

treeman1
Premier League Winners And Losers

W

e could release Diaby and then re-sign him when nobody else does and he would literally be like a new signing.

john matrix
The Machine Gossip

W

e pay the living wage, living wage, living wage, and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it!!! Wooo ohhhh ooooohh

hump3.
All Premier League Clubs Should Be Paying Living Wage

Footer 365

England manager Roy Hodgson says there may not be space for Harry Kane

Roy Hodgson says selecting striker Harry Kane for the next England squad is far from a certainty.

Papiss Cisse faces seven-match ban after admitting FA charge

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse faces a seven-match ban after admitting an FA charge relating to Wednesday's spitting incident.

FA charges Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans

The FA have charged Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans over Wednesday's 'spitting' incident.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company