Juve's Alessio sees ban reduced

Juventus assistant Angelo Alessio has had his touchline ban reduced from six months to two.

Last Updated: 12/10/12 at 15:29 Post Comment

Juventus: See Alessio ban reduced

Juventus: See Alessio ban reduced

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Juventus assistant Angelo Alessio has had his touchline ban reduced from six months to two by Italy's sporting arbitration court (TNAs).

Along with Juve manager Antonio Conte, Alessio was dealt a lengthy ban by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) on August 10 for allegedly failing to report two incidents of match-fixing while in charge of Siena.

But a statement on the Italian Olympic Committee's official website today said: "The TNAs announces that, in connection with the dispute A.Alessio / FIGC, the Arbitration has dismissed the main claim made by Angelo Alessio, while partially upheld the alternative claim formulated and have imposed on him the penalty of disqualification until 15 October 2012."

The decision means the 47-year-old can return to the Juve bench for their eagerly awaited top-of-the-table encounter against fellow Serie A leaders Napoli following the international break.

Last week, Conte had his suspension from football reduced by six months and he will be available to take charge of Juve's Serie A game at Palermo on December 9.


Click here for a completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet


More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

N

ow is the time for Allardyce to finally get a chance at a big club please. He is likely to have a number of great offers for his services this summer, but who will he choose? Will it be Liverpool, Real Madrid, Dortmund or Man City?

medina_sod
Allardyce leaves West Ham

I

thought exactly this when the Match of the Day pundits were peddling this line. Is it really not okay for fans of a club to have some ambition these days then?

damoceltic
Bored Of Big Sam? It's Your Right...

H

ow magnanimous off him - to leave if he's asked to by the owners? What's the alternative, bunker down in his office claiming squatter's rights if FSG want rid?

feed the bear
Rodgers: I'll go if owners want

Footer 365

Eden Hazard is open to another 10 years at Chelsea

Eden Hazard wants to stay at Chelsea for years and join football's elite by leading the club to Champions League glory.

Rafael Benitez '99 per cent' certain to be next Real Madrid boss

Rafael Benitez is '99 per cent' certain to be Real Madrid boss, says Carlo Ancelotti's representative Ernesto Bronzetti.

Manuel Pellegrini confident Man City will be stronger next season

Manuel Pellegrini is confident Manchester City will regain the Premier League title next season.

Mail Box

Who Is The Most Complete Striker Ever..?

...the answer is the original Ronaldo, Gerd Muller, Cristiano or Alan Shearer, depending on who you talk to. We also have one signing per Premier League (and promoted team)...

Reviewing Every PL Side's Season...

Time to half-heartedly agree or furiously reject some ratings. The mails also discuss the most complete striker ever in football, as well as Rodgers, Falcao and Bill O'Herilhy.

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company