Didier Drogba's management company have distanced the striker from comments linking him with a transfer to Italy this month, insisting they did not come from his agent.
Carlos Arino Bajo, an agent claiming to represent Drogba, said on Friday the Ivory Coast international could cut short his stay with Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua and return to Europe with Juventus or AC Milan.
But the London-based Sports PR Company, who count Drogba and several of his former Chelsea team-mates among their clients, insist Bajo has no authority to speak on Drogba's behalf.
A post on the company's Twitter account read: "Please note, these quotes are not correct. This guy is not Didier's agent, his sole agent is Thierno Seydi."
Seydi is a FIFA-registered agent based in Senegal.
Juventus boss Antonio Conte last month ruled out an approach for Drogba, who scored the winning penalty in Chelsea's Champions League final success in May.
Despite that, Bajo told tuttomercatoweb.com: "Didier has a termination agreement with the Chinese club and I think he has a lot of possibilities to move to Italy in January.
"There is real interest from Juventus and AC Milan, and it is the same from Didier regarding the transfer.
"There have been contacts with both clubs and next week we will hear from them again. He would love to compete in one of the world's best leagues, such as the Italian Serie A."
Drogba, who has reportedly failed to settle in China, would be unavailable to play for any new club until after the African Nations Cup, with the final due to be played in Johannesburg on February 10.
The Ivory Coast striker has been training with Chelsea in the lead-up to the tournament after returning to Europe following the end of the Chinese season in early November.