Samuel coy on Inter future

Inter defender Walter Samuel is waiting to consider his future, despite his San Siro contract ending in June.

Last Updated: 30/12/13 at 11:29 Post Comment

Walter Samuel: Not rushing into contract talks at Inter Milan

Walter Samuel: Not rushing into contract talks at Inter Milan

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Inter Milan defender Walter Samuel claims he is not considering his future, despite his contract at the San Siro ending in June.

The Argentinian centre-back has made only three appearances in Serie A this term, with a muscle strain hampering his start to the season.

However, Samuel did star in Inter's recent 1-0 victory over city rivals AC Milan as Walter Mazzarri's men finished the calendar year in fifth.

Although his contract expires at the end of the season, Samuel insists his lone focus is to regain fitness and ensure Inter reach the top three and secure UEFA Champions League qualification.

"I'm not thinking about my future nor about my contract," he told Ahora Deportes.

"I want to play again and regain the shape after some injuries I had at the beginning of the season and I want to be at my coach's disposal to help Inter reach third place.

"Besides, I have a contract until June, let's see."

Samuel will hope to be in contention when the Nerazzurri restart their Serie A campaign on January 6 with a trip to Lazio.

Following a recent return to his native Argentina, Samuel paid homage to his former club Newell's Old Boys, where he spent three years, making a total of 42 appearances.

He added: "I had been missing Newell's for a long time, the club has improved a lot. This is where I had the chance to grow as a footballer."


New Sky Bet customers: Free £30 matched bet


Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Champions League: Henning Berg hopeful of Legia Warsaw's chances against Celtic

Legia Warsaw boss Henning Berg hopes his side can get a positive result against Celtic in their Champions League tie.

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property