Destro loses ban appeal

Roma striker Mattia Destro has lost his appeal against a three-match Serie A ban for violent conduct.

Last Updated: 17/04/14 at 17:51 Post Comment

Mattia Destro: Must serve a three-match ban

Mattia Destro: Must serve a three-match ban

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Roma striker Mattia Destro has lost his appeal against a three-match Serie A ban for violent conduct, the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has announced.

The Italy international, who is Roma's top scorer this season with 13 goals in 18 league apperances, struck Cagliari defender David Astori in the face during the Giallorossi's 3-1 win in Cagliari earlier this month.

A statement from the FIGC read: "Roma's appeal against Mattia Destro's three-match ban following the club's game at Cagliari on April 6 has been turned down."

Destro has already served the first game of the punishment, a 3-1 win over Atalanta last weekend, and will miss Saturday's game at Fiorentina as well as the home game with AC Milan on April 25.

The 23-year-old must also serve a further match ban for an accumulation of cards and will also miss next month's encounter at Catania.

Destro will return for Roma's home game against Juventus on May 9.

Roma are second in the standings, eight points behind league leaders Juve with five games remaining.


New Sky Bet customers: Free matched bet up to £30


More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

Y

ouri Tielemans is everything Jack Wilshere wants to be!

ross1119
F365's Top Ten Breakthrough Stars Of 2015/16

S

o is Jordan Ibe overqualified for this list or what? To be honest I was expecting to see his name, I thought he'd fit in perfectly. Maybe his name is too familiar? Because otherwise this list should be made for him. You could actually just insert his name & stats into the middle paragraph about Brandt and it would describe Ibe.

redkev
F365's Top Ten Breakthrough Stars Of 2015/16

T

hats not mind games, its just being an a**hole

nicos
Mourinho: No Arsenal excuses

Footer 365

Jose Mourinho: Arsenal spending way to title contention

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says Arsene Wenger is buying his way into Premier League title contention.

Jose Mourinho says Eden Hazard was better than Cristiano Ronaldo last season

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho believes Eden Hazard performed better than Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo last season.

Sampdoria ask Liverpool for Mario Balotelli 'discount'

Sampdoria have admitted their interest in Italian striker Mario Balotelli, but have asked Liverpool to lower their £7.1m asking price.

Mail Box

The Calculator Is On Wenger's Side...

Over the last five years, Arsenal's net spent is about 55% of Chelsea's, so shush your mouth Jose. Plus, Van Gaal is attacked and defended in equal measure...

Only Arsenal Fans Care About Friendlies

We are not entirely surprised after Arsenal fans leapt to the defence of friendlies. We also have mails on Louis van Gaal, Liverpool and more mundane tales...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company