Livorno sack Di Carlo

Relegation-threatened Livorno have sacked Domenico Di Carlo after just 88 days in charge and re-appointed Davide Nicola.

Last Updated: 19/04/14 at 21:53 Post Comment

Davide Nicola: Back in charge of Livorno

Davide Nicola: Back in charge of Livorno

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Relegation-threatened Livorno have sacked Domenico Di Carlo after just 88 days in charge and re-appointed Davide Nicola, who was axed from the post in January.

Di Carlo became the third manager to be sacked by Livorno this season.

Livorno made the decision just hours after a 3-0 defeat at AC Milan on Saturday, which leaves them three points from safety.

Di Carlo, a former Livorno player, had seen his side take just one point from their previous six games.

"Livorno officially announce that we have dismissed Domenico Di Carlo as coach of the first team," a statement on the club's website read.

"The club wishes to thank to Mr Di Carlo for his dedication and professionalism and the work undertaken.

"The post of coach of the first team of Livorno Calcio has been entrusted to Davide Nicola."

Nicola will have four games to try and save Livorno from the drop.

The 41-year-old returns to a club he was only sacked from on January 13 - a decision that had been met with disapproval from the Livorno fans after technical director Attilo Perotti was appointed in his place.

Perotti lasted just one week in the position before Di Carlo was drafted in.

Di Carlo enjoyed immediate success, overseeing a

3-1 success over Sassuolo in his first match in charge, but just two more wins followed in his next 13 games to prompt his bosses to resharpen their knives.


New Sky Bet customers: Free matched bet up to £30


Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Champions League: Henning Berg hopeful of Legia Warsaw's chances against Celtic

Legia Warsaw boss Henning Berg hopes his side can get a positive result against Celtic in their Champions League tie.

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property