Juventus keen to keep Conte

Juventus are determined to keep coach Antonio Conte in Turin for the long term, according to club administrator Giuseppe Marotta.

Last Updated: 16/05/14 at 11:19 Post Comment

Antonio Conte: Juventus board hope he will stay

Antonio Conte: Juventus board hope he will stay

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Conte, whose current deal expires in June 2015, has yet to confirm if he will continue to guide the Italian champions next season.

The 44-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Monaco this summer although Juve are expected to offer Conte a long-term contract once the season is over.

"Our priority is to keep Conte," Marotta said to Gazzetta dello Sport.

"He is an asset to the club. He has proved to be one of the best and it is our duty to keep him close to us."

Conte joined Juve in 2011 and has guided The Old Lady to their third successive league title.

"We acknowledge what Conte has achieved," Marotta said. "He is a coach that is prepared, he has made a huge impact in making sure the club achieved their objectives."

Conte hinted earlier this week that he may leave the club having failed to find success in Europe.

He won the Champions League as a player with Juve in 1996 and would like nothing more than to lift again the trophy, this time as a manager.

"There are stronger rivals in Europe and we have to accept that," he added.

"But we are improving year after year and we will continue to do so."

Conte was seen speaking to former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson during Thursday's Europa League final at the Juventus Stadium, increasing speculation he could leave the club this summer.

However, Marotta has rested no importance to those rumours.

"It's only right that Conte asks him (Ferguson) advice regarding his future as coach," Marotta said.

Juve end the campaign at home to Cagliari on Sunday needing a point to become the first Italian club to reach the 100-point mark in a given season.

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Yaya Toure happy to stay at Manchester City

Yaya Toure has reaffirmed his commitment to Manchester City, insisting he wants to stay for "as long as possible".

Champions League: Henning Berg hopeful of Legia Warsaw's chances against Celtic

Legia Warsaw boss Henning Berg hopes his side can get a positive result against Celtic in their Champions League tie.

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property