No Liverpool bid for Balotelli

AC Milan insist they have not received an offer from Liverpool for their striker Mario Balotelli.

Last Updated: 20/08/14 at 17:56 Post Comment

Mario Balotelli: Has been linked with a move away from the San Siro

Mario Balotelli: Has been linked with a move away from the San Siro

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Reports in England claim the Italy international is being lined up as a replacement for Luis Suarez following his move to Barcelona, with the Merseyside club prepared to make a £17.5million bid for the former Manchester City player.

"At this time we have not received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli," AC Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "Hence, there is no negotiation.

"We will see as the transfer market ends on September 1."

Balotelli played almost three seasons at City before being sold to Milan for £17m in January 2013.

He scored 14 goals in 30 league appearances for Milan last season but the Rossoneri finished a disappointing eighth and will not play in Europe this term.

The 24-year-old, who is under contract with the Italian outfit until June 2017, has been linked with a move away from the San Siro this summer.

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi said previously he came close to selling Balotelli to an unnamed English club before the World Cup.

Balotelli scored one goal in three appearances for Italy in the tournament in Brazil.

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

f Jose left a mess at Inter Milan then Rafa cleaned it up with a hand grenade and a bag of compost

westwoodbo
Benitez 'tidying up Mourinho's messes'

T

he name of the article is apt as all my wildest dreams will come through if it turns out to be true

parsy12
The Vote Pedro Gossip

Y

ouri Tielemans is everything Jack Wilshere wants to be!

ross1119
F365's Top Ten Breakthrough Stars Of 2015/16

Footer 365

Jose Mourinho: Arsenal spending way to title contention

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says Arsene Wenger is buying his way into Premier League title contention.

Jose Mourinho says Eden Hazard was better than Cristiano Ronaldo last season

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho believes Eden Hazard performed better than Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo last season.

West Brom 'agree £8m fee for Hull City's James Chester'

West Brom have agreed a fee of £8m for Hull City defender James Chester, according to Sky sources.

Mail Box

The Calculator Is On Wenger's Side...

Over the last five years, Arsenal's net spent is about 55% of Chelsea's, so shush your mouth Jose. Plus, Van Gaal is attacked and defended in equal measure...

Only Arsenal Fans Care About Friendlies

We are not entirely surprised after Arsenal fans leapt to the defence of friendlies. We also have mails on Louis van Gaal, Liverpool and more mundane tales...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company