No Liverpool bid for Balotelli

AC Milan insist they have not received an offer from Liverpool for their controversial striker Mario Balotelli.

Last Updated: 21/08/14 at 08:42 Post Comment

Mario Balotelli: Set to stay in Italy

Mario Balotelli: Set to stay in Italy

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Reports in England claim the Italy international is being lined up as a replacement for Luis Suarez following his move to Barcelona, with the Merseyside club prepared to make a £17.5million bid for the former Manchester City player.

"At this time we have not received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli," AC Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani said to Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Hence, there is no negotiation.

"We will see as the transfer market ends on September 1."

Balotelli played almost three seasons at City before being sold to Milan for £17m in January 2013.

He scored 14 goals in 30 league appearances for Milan last season but the Rossoneri finished a disappointing eighth and will not play in Europe this term.

The 24-year-old, who is under contract with the Italian outfit until June 2017, has been linked with a move away from the San Siro this summer.

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi said previously he came close to selling Balotelli to an unnamed English club before the World Cup.

Balotelli scored one goal in three appearances for Italy in the tournament in Brazil.

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

T

he uber commercialisation of the 90s has led to the point where this overly familar, try hard, jolly hockey sticks type fronts up a major football match on a weekly basis. Unlike the great presenters of yesteryear, I doubt he would even recognise the scent of Brut.

mufc phil
Football On TV: Jake Humphrey

H

opefully Jose turns up to the game wearing a T-Shirt with Costa's face on, that's the classy thing to do in these situations right?

Petulant_Radish
Costa loses appeal against ban

C

onfirmed. Nick Miller is a douche bag. Lazy, incoherent rant is what this article should be titled. And for the editor to have the temerity to pass this as acceptable writing is shocking. Ah well, anything for clicks right? You got mine. Well done. Your mother must be proud.

poolshortsdown
Gerrard Constantly Searching For That Final Hurrah

Footer 365

David de Gea future key to Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has reiterated his desire to keep David de Gea at Old Trafford.

Juan Cuadrado backed to shine in Premier League by Mauricio Pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino says Chelsea-bound Juan Cuadrado has all the attributes to succeed in the Premier League.

Les Hutchison's takeover of Motherwell has been ratified

Lanarkshire businessman Les Hutchison has completed his takeover of Scottish Premiership club Motherwell.

Mail Box

'Costa Is A Bad Man. Suarez Is Not'

That's quite some claim. And yes, unfortunately we are still talking about this. We also have mails on Ronaldinho, possible replacements for Yaya Toure and more...

Red Mist Better Than Calculated Costa?

Hmmm. We're not sure about this argument - one Mailbox says Luis Suarez is easier to forgive because he is a little loco. We also have mails on Studge and more...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company