White Hart Lane

Next Game

Tottenham v Southampton

Sunday, 05 October 2014, 14:05

Barclays Prem

St. Mary's Stadium

Last Game

Southampton 2 - 1 QPR

Saturday, 27 September 2014, 15:00

Barclays Prem

I've moved on, vows Fonte

Southampton defender Jose Fonte has said that the training ground bust-up between him and Pablo Osvaldo is behind him.

Last Updated: 29/01/14 at 17:09 Post Comment

Jose Fonte: Southampton defender puts Pablo Osvaldo incident behind him

Jose Fonte: Southampton defender puts Pablo Osvaldo incident behind him

More of the games that matter

2 years free Sky Broadband Unlimited for Sky Sports customers

The two players were involved in a fight while training last week, an incident that led to the Italian striker being suspended for two weeks by the Premier League club.

Fonte later posted pictures of him after the fight which showed him to have suffered a black eye.

However the 30-year-old centre-back, who scored during Southampton's 2-2 draw with Arsenal on Tuesday, insists that he has "moved on".

"What can I say, I'm fine," the Daily Echo quotes Fonte as saying. "It has been eventful, obviously, and what happened wasn't nice at the training ground, but I am man enough and I have moved on and I hope everyone can move on and focus on what is important, which is Southampton, the club and winning games of football.

"There is no problem with me, I am fine, so I just want to keep playing.

"This group is very strong mentally and the togetherness is there. We know each other really well and know what we are all capable of.

"We are professional and know that we have to do a job on the pitch because this is our careers and our lives and we need to deliver.

"Credit to all the players who showed great character and great belief."

More of the games that matter

2 years free Sky Broadband Unlimited for Sky Sports customers

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

put Ince in my fantasy football team, so it's no surprise at all really. I do that to players. Also responsible for De Jong and Upson being injured. Think I'll transfer in Di Maria just to ruin United....

megabrow (cufc)
F365's Top Ten Surprise Strugglers

L

ovren? £20m always seemed a touch on the expensive side, but I wasn't expecting him to be quite such a waste of money

stevenjameshyde
F365's Top Ten Surprise Strugglers

H

alf of our players have the physical presence of a 14 year old girl. I don't know why people are always shocked that they're injured.

TheWhiz
Wenger baffled by injuries

Footer 365

Gerry Francis believes Roy Hodgson should now look to his younger players

Gerry Francis believes the forthcoming international fixtures are the perfect time for Roy Hodgson to field new talent.

Scholes blasts City 'atmosphere'

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has strongly criticised the atmosphere at Manchester City's Champions League tie against Roma.

European Qualifiers: Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge won't be fit for England, says Brendan Rodgers

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has told Roy Hodgson that Daniel Sturridge will not be fit to play for England next week.

Mail Box

Do City Really Need To Expand Their Stadium?

That's the question posed by one Man United fan in the mailbox after seeing the empty seats at the Etihad last night. Sadly, there isn't a single mail from a City supporter...

#Usingfootballersnamesineverydaylife

We have the last of these as well as mails on Liverpool, Wayne Rooney, QPR, Arsenal's injuries and more. It's a mailbox that's Alonso rather than Rafael, if you will...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property