Ewood Park

Next Game

Blackburn v Stoke City

Sunday, 03 August 2014, 15:00

Friendly Match

Last Game

1860 Munich 2 - 0 Stoke City

Saturday, 26 July 2014, 16:00

Friendly Match

Pulis: Owen going nowhere

Stoke boss Tony Pulis says he wants former England striker Michael Owen to remain at the Britannia Stadium for the rest of the season.

Last Updated: 10/01/13 at 22:03 Post Comment

Michael Owen: To remain at Britannia Stadium until end of season

Michael Owen: To remain at Britannia Stadium until end of season

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

The 33-year-old has made only four Premier League substitute appearances since joining the Potters in September, and made his first start in last weekend's FA Cup third-round goalless draw at Crystal Palace.

Reports have suggested a January move for Owen, with Perth Glory coach Ian Ferguson revealing the Australian side had been contacted by an agent, although ruling out the prospect of a move.

When asked about a possible move for Owen, Pulis said: "Is it true, is it not true? You just don't know.

"I read a story yesterday in the papers that (Manchester United striker) Danny Welbeck was available.

"Ask Sir Alex Ferguson what he thinks about that. You have to deal with it.

"Michael has got a contract until the end of the season and as far as I'm concerned, he has not come in and said he wants to change it.

"We haven't pulled Michael in and said we want to change that. So Michael will be part of the football club hopefully until the end of the season."

There has also been talk of another Stoke frontman, Kenwyne Jones, being targeted by Swansea.

Pulis, who said he's looking to bring players in during the January window, said: "There is Kenwyne, there has been interest from other clubs in other players.

"There is loads of stuff going on - it is the silly season. So we will let the silly season run and we will decide what is right for the football club and the players.

"We always take everything into consideration at this football club, and if it right for the players and the football club, we will do business. If not, then we'll get on with things."

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Transfer News: Reported Manchester United target Arturo Vidal 'happy' to stay at Juventus

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is convinced Arturo Vidal will remain with the club for the forthcoming season.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property