BENTO SIGNS NEW PORTUGAL DEAL

Portugal coach Paulo Bento has signed a contract extension to remain in the role until 2014.

Last Updated: 03/05/12 at 20:06 Post Comment    Bet with SkyBet  Euro 2012. Click here to bet.

Latest Articles

Livorno sack Di Carlo

Post comment

Relegation-threatened Livorno have sacked Domenico Di Carlo after just 88 days in charge and re-appointed Davide Nicola.

Van Dijk plays down move

Post comment

Virgil van Dijk claims he knows nothing of interest from English clubs and is keen to prove himself in the Champions League with Celtic.

All Articles

Paulo Bento: Extends deal until 2014

Paulo Bento: Extends deal until 2014

The 42-year-old's previous deal was due to expire after this summer's European Championships, but the Portuguese Football Federation confirmed today that an agreement had been reached with Bento and his coaching team for two more years.

A statement on federation website www.fpf.pt read: "The Portuguese Football Federation announced that the contractual relationship of the national coach, Paulo Bento, and the entire technical team selection was renewed until July 2014.

"The president, Fernando Gomes, and the national coach, Paulo Bento, will address this issue at a press conference scheduled for tomorrow, May 4, at 1230 in the FPF headquarters."

Bento took up the Portugal reins in September 2010, replacing Carlos Queiroz, and led his side to Euro 2012 via the play-offs and a 6-2 aggregate victory over Bosnia-Herzegovina last November.

They will open their campaign in Ukraine against Germany on June 9 and face further Group B games against Holland and Denmark.

Bet with SkyBet  Euro 2012. Click here to bet.

Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Premier League: Roberto Martinez hails Everton players after win over Manchester United

Roberto Martinez saluted the focus and adaptability of his Everton squad after a 2-0 victory over Manchester United.

Transfer news: Atletico Mineiro to take Nicolas Anelka to FIFA

Atletico Mineiro president Alexandre Kalil has said that he is considering taking Nicolas Anelka to FIFA.

Premier League: David Moyes admits defensive errors cost Manchester United at Everton

David Moyes feels Man Utd conceded 'terrible goals' on his return to Everton and says missing out on the top four hurts.

Mail Box

That's Why We Didn't Want Jose At United

There is plenty of reaction to Mourinho's antics (Isn't that exactly what he wanted?) plus thoughts on Connor Wickham, Fabio Borini, beach balls and Tim Sherwood...

Kieran's Not The Only One Keeping Notes

Another chap in the mailbox has been keeping notes on comments made by optimistic Man United fans. Plus, Garey Vance is offering a double-or-quits on his new tattoo...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property