McCarthy out of Forest race

Mick McCarthy has ruled himself out of the running to become the new Nottingham Forest manager

Last Updated: 16/07/12 at 18:24 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Premier League: Louis van Gaal - move for Cristiano Ronaldo 'possible'

Post comment

Louis van Gaal would be interested in signing Cristiano Ronaldo - but does not think Real Madrid will sell him.

Transfer news: Chelsea's Jose Mourinho plays down Cristiano Ronaldo transfer talk

Post comment

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has played down speculation about signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

All Articles

Mick McCarthy: Won't take Forest job

Mick McCarthy: Won't take Forest job

Mick McCarthy has ruled himself out of the running to become the new Nottingham Forest manager after holding initial talks with the club.

The former Wolves boss had been due to meet Forest's new owners with a view to taking the vacant role at the City Ground.

But after talks the 53-year-old has indicated he does not intend to replace Steve Cotterill, who was sacked by the Championship club on Thursday.

McCarthy has been out of work since losing his job at Wolves in February.

The Al-Hasawi family from Kuwait had suggested the Irishman was a frontrunner for the job but had earlier stressed he would be just one of a number of candidates they intended to meet.

"Mick is one of the people we are talking to, but there are others. If he meets our requirements, we would be honoured to work with Mick," said Abdulaziz Al-Hasawi.

"We have interviewed some people on the phone but we're starting to see people face to face and you get a much better impression when you see them face to face.

"They are more comfortable and can speak more openly."

Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Transfer news: Chelsea's Jose Mourinho plays down Cristiano Ronaldo transfer talk

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has played down speculation about signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

Premier League: Everton striker Samuel Eto'o convinces Roberto Martinez

Everton manager Roberto Martinez believes Samuel Eto'o is ready to be the starting striker.

Transfer news: Mario Balotelli wanted AC Milan exit, says CEO Adriano Galliani

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has confirmed that Mario Balotelli wanted to leave the club for Liverpool this summer.

Mail Box

Be Careful What You Wish For, Gooners

That's the message from a Man United fan in the mailbox. Plus, thoughts on Paul Lambert's new contract, the Alan Pardew dilemma at Newcastle and lots more...

No, Wenger IS To Blame For Failure...

The backlash to the backlash to the backlash sees Arsene Wenger getting a good kicking while we also have mails on Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton and lots more...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property