Sunderland have completed the signing of defender Adam Matthews from Celtic for a fee of £2m.
Monaco have confirmed the signing of striker Guido Carrillo from Argentinian club Estudiantes.
QPR have confirmed the appointment of Harry Redknapp as their new manager.
The former Tottenham boss has replaced the sacked Mark Hughes at Loftus Road on a two-and-a-half year deal.
The Barclays Premier League's bottom side have moved fast to replace Hughes, who was only dismissed on Friday morning.
Redknapp inherits a squad without a Barclays Premier League win all season and one which is subsequently rooted to the bottom of the table and firmly entrenched in a relegation battle.
But the former Tottenham manager is not blaming Hughes for the problems and has told his new charges they need to look at themselves.
"The players have not performed to their potential," he told Sky Sports News.
"They had a good manager in Mark Hughes but for whatever reason it did not work out. We now have to produce in the last two thirds of the season to try and get out of trouble.
"We can't get any lower," he said. "We are rock bottom. We have to try and get up that table. I remember when I was at Portsmouth and we stayed up with a game to go at Wigan - it was the most fantastic feeling."
All eyes will now be on the January transfer market to see who, if anyone, Redknapp opts to bring in to a club which had a high turnover of players under Hughes in the summer.
Michael Dawson, Redknapp's former captain at Tottenham, has been mentioned, but Redknapp would only say: "I have not discussed the money (for players) situation.
"I didn't say I wanted money to spend. There are some good players here and we need to get them performing so come January we might not need too much."
One player who will not be wearing a hooped shirt this season, though, is midfielder Joey Barton who is on loan to French club Marseille after a falling out with Hughes.
"Joey is out on loan for the season so he can't come back anyway," Redknapp said.
Upon making the announcement, QPR owner Tony Fernandes, who has dismissed two managers in the last year, admitted he had got his primary target.
"Harry was our number one target, the unanimous choice of the board and we're delighted we've been able to attract him to the club," he said in a statement.
"He has a proven track record in the Premier League and has all the characteristics we were looking for to get us out of the current situation we find ourselves in.
"His man-management skills are second to none and we are confident he is the right man to lead us away from the bottom of the table."