Reds told to up Ince offer

Blackpool manager Michael Appleton has revealed Liverpool's initial offer for Tom Ince is significantly short of his club's valuation.

Last Updated: 20/12/12 at 17:53 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Miguel Pallardo signs new one-year deal with Hearts

Post comment

Midfielder Miguel Pallardo has signed a new one-year deal with newly-promoted Hearts while Danny Wilson leaves.

Liam Rosenior thanks Hull fans for 'five great years'

Post comment

Liam Rosenior has thanked the fans of Hull City for "five wonderful years".

All Articles

Tom Ince: Transfer target for Liverpool

Tom Ince: Transfer target for Liverpool

Blackpool manager Michael Appleton has revealed Liverpool's initial offer for Tom Ince is significantly short of his club's valuation of the England Under-21 winger.

Ince left Anfield last summer having made one senior appearance, with Blackpool making a compensation payment of £250,000.

The 20-year-old son of former England international Paul will command a far higher fee if he returns to Merseyside in January having netted 13 goals in 21 npower Championship games this season.

Ince also netted eight as the Seasiders reached the play-off final last term - where Ince scored during the 2-1 defeat to West Ham.

Speaking ahead of Friday night's home game with Wolves, Appleton confirmed a figure had been discussed between Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston and Liverpool but dismissed growing speculation that a deal is close to being finalised.

"As far as I'm aware I think there's been a conversation between Karl and Liverpool regarding an offer but, as far as I'm aware, it's way below the type of money we'd expect for someone of Tom's talent," he told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"Obviously the chairman keeps me informed but I think it was just an initial conversation between himself and Liverpool and there was a figure used but obviously it's way below, like I say."

Ince is battling to overcome a slight hamstring strain in time to face Wolves and Appleton was defiant when asked whether he would play his star man if passed fit.

"Without a shadow of a doubt," he said.

"I wouldn't worry about that. And he'll continue to play as long as we hold his registration. He's quite a down to earth, sensible young lad anyway.

"I think having someone like his dad in his family who's been a professional footballer himself and knows the ups and downs of the game, I'm sure he'll put in a decent performance in."

Appleton added: "I wouldn't say I'm resigned to losing him just yet though. There's still a lot of work to be done before anything like that happens."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Bomb threat confirmed on FIFA election day in Zurich

A bomb threat and a political protest have disrupted FIFA's congress on the day Sepp Blatter's critics hope will signal his exit.

Jack Warner hits out at USA after being charged in corruption case

Former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has hit out at the United States after he was charged in a US corruption case.

FA chairman Greg Dyke calls for possible Russia 2018 boycott

FA chairman Greg Dyke wants UEFA nations to consider pulling out of the World Cup finals in Russia in three years' time.

Mail Box

Players Must Stand Up For Qatar Boycott

Players, not bureaucrats, hold the key to boycotting Qatar. Also in the afternoon mailbox: Wenger is right to rotate, Zlatan can dribble, and it's Barca v Ajax in the budget final...

What Would You Do If You Were Blatter?

Step into Sepp's shoes, is the invitation from one mailboxer. Also: United already have their new number one, Rodgers deserves time, and the best Budget XI so far...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company