Reds told to up Ince offer

Blackpool manager Michael Appleton has revealed Liverpool's initial offer for Tom Ince is significantly short of his club's valuation.

Last Updated: 20/12/12 at 17:53 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Transfer news: Carlos Tevez has no intention of leaving Juventus

Post comment

Carlos Tevez is enjoying his football in Italy and has every intention of honouring his contract at Juventus.

Premier League: Ramires hoping for lengthy stay at Chelsea

Post comment

Ramires is hoping to spend 'much longer' at Chelsea after passing the 200 appearance mark for the club.

All Articles

Tom Ince: Transfer target for Liverpool

Tom Ince: Transfer target for Liverpool

Blackpool manager Michael Appleton has revealed Liverpool's initial offer for Tom Ince is significantly short of his club's valuation of the England Under-21 winger.

Ince left Anfield last summer having made one senior appearance, with Blackpool making a compensation payment of £250,000.

The 20-year-old son of former England international Paul will command a far higher fee if he returns to Merseyside in January having netted 13 goals in 21 npower Championship games this season.

Ince also netted eight as the Seasiders reached the play-off final last term - where Ince scored during the 2-1 defeat to West Ham.

Speaking ahead of Friday night's home game with Wolves, Appleton confirmed a figure had been discussed between Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston and Liverpool but dismissed growing speculation that a deal is close to being finalised.

"As far as I'm aware I think there's been a conversation between Karl and Liverpool regarding an offer but, as far as I'm aware, it's way below the type of money we'd expect for someone of Tom's talent," he told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"Obviously the chairman keeps me informed but I think it was just an initial conversation between himself and Liverpool and there was a figure used but obviously it's way below, like I say."

Ince is battling to overcome a slight hamstring strain in time to face Wolves and Appleton was defiant when asked whether he would play his star man if passed fit.

"Without a shadow of a doubt," he said.

"I wouldn't worry about that. And he'll continue to play as long as we hold his registration. He's quite a down to earth, sensible young lad anyway.

"I think having someone like his dad in his family who's been a professional footballer himself and knows the ups and downs of the game, I'm sure he'll put in a decent performance in."

Appleton added: "I wouldn't say I'm resigned to losing him just yet though. There's still a lot of work to be done before anything like that happens."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Premier League: Arsenal win 3-0 at Aston Villa to end the hosts' unbeaten start

Aston Villa’s unbeaten start to the season was ended by a devastating goal blitz as Arsenal enjoyed a 3-0 away win.

Premier League: Newcastle draw with Hull City as Papiss Cisse scores two

Substitute Papiss Cisse saved the day for Newcastle and under-fire manager Alan Pardew in their 2-2 draw with Hull City.

Premier League: Victor Wanyama earns Southampton 1-0 win at Swansea

Victor Wanyama broke the resistance of 10-man Swansea as Southampton left the Liberty Stadium with a 1-0 win.

Mail Box

Be Careful What You Wish For, Gooners

That's the message from a Man United fan in the mailbox. Plus, thoughts on Paul Lambert's new contract, the Alan Pardew dilemma at Newcastle and lots more...

No, Wenger IS To Blame For Failure...

The backlash to the backlash to the backlash sees Arsene Wenger getting a good kicking while we also have mails on Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton and lots more...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property