Swansea boss Michael Laudrup says it is likely he will bring in a goalkeeper in January as Michel Vorm needs knee surgery.
Manager Jose Mourinho believes Ashley Cole will earn a contract extension at Chelsea.
David Beckham will make a decision on his future next week after receiving 12 formal offers from around the globe - but the former England captain is not expected to return to the Barclays Premier League.
Beckham has been made offers from Europe, South America, North America, South Africa, Russia, China and the Middle East - though it is understood not from Qatar.
It is expected that Beckham, whose contract with Los Angeles Galaxy
ended before Christmas, will sit down with his advisors next week and go through the offers in detail.
The 37-year-old is viewing his next move as potentially his last as a player and those close to Beckham say he is attracted by the prospect of playing at a high level or in an environment where his presence would have a similar impact as when he first moved from Real Madrid to the Galaxy.
For those reasons, the chances of him joining a club involved in a relegation fight or one mired in mid-table appear remote, and would rule him out of joining QPR or West Ham, who have both been linked with the midfielder.
A report on Wednesday said an offer of a two-year deal had been made by Qatari officials, but it is understood that has not been received by Beckham's representatives.
There could be some Qatar involvement via Paris St Germain, however, as the French club are effectively owned by the Qatari government. They are also still in the Champions League, which would be attractive to Beckham.
Another options would be for Beckham to take a big-money move to China or Russia, as Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto'o and Nicolas Anelka have all done in recent months.