Mancini 'very happy' with Balotelli

Man City boss Roberto Mancini has again attempted to quash rumours linking Mario Balotelli with a move back to Italy.

Last Updated: 11/01/13 at 11:48 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Transfer news: Celtic manager Ronny Deila wants to hang on to best players

Post comment

Celtic boss Ronny Deila says keeping his best players will take priority over acquisitions in the transfer window.

Transfer news: Fernando Torres set to leave Chelsea and rejoin Atletico Madrid

Post comment

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres is understood to be set for a return to Atletico Madrid, according to Sky sources.

All Articles

Mario Balotelli: Linked with return to I

Mario Balotelli: Linked with return to I

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has once again attempted to quash rumours linking controversial striker Mario Balotelli with a move back to Italy.

Balotelli's future has been the subject of much speculation due to his fringe role this season as well as a training ground bust-up with Mancini last week.

And Inter Milan have claimed they have first option to take him back to Italy if he leaves the Etihad.

Mancini, who has has repeatedly backed Balotelli throughout a long line of controversies, immediately played down the confrontation in last Friday's press conference and insisted he was prepared to give his fellow Italian "another 100 chances" at the club.

That has not stopped reports from suggesting AC Milan are willing to give Balotelli a way out of Eastlands in the January transfer window but Mancini was indignant when asked about the latest transfer speculation.

"No, it is not true. I am very, very happy (with Mario)," he said today.

Former club Inter have waded into the equation, with sporting director Piero Ausilio claiming they have first refusal on Balotelli, who moved from the San Siro to City in August 2010.

"The right of first refusal is there," Ausilio told Italian magazine Panorama.

"If Inter decide to exercise it, it will be a choice that will be made if City should decide to sell him. Balotelli technically can fit alongside any attacker."

Balotelli had missed four games with a virus prior to his return as a substitute against Watford in the FA Cup last week.

He made a surprise appearance for City's Under-21s on Monday and scored two goals in a friendly against Blackburn, while the 22-year-old has also dyed his hair blond this week.

Asked if this was a fresh start for Balotelli, Mancini said: "Next question! No, I hope. He went with the under-21s because he needed a game.

"After 40 days without a game, he needed one game. He trained well and I hope this year will be different."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Premier League: QPR look for result against Arsenal, Rio Ferdinand in selection contention

QPR boss Harry Redknapp says Rio Ferdinand could be back in the team as the squad is rotated through the festive period.

Premier League: Nemanja Matic says Chelsea can win quadruple

Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic insists the Blues can win the quadruple this season.

Premier League: Ronald Koeman facing selection crisis ahead of Southampton's match against Everton

Harrison Reed's impressive display against Everton has given Ronald Koeman a selection dilemma.

Mail Box

Van Gaal's Half-Term Report Card...

One Man United fan isn't happy with the rate the team is progressing under Louis van Gaal, while the mailbox also wishes Liverpool fans a Merry Mid-Table Christmas...

Hang On, Rafa's Success Is No Fluke...

The afternoon mailbox kicks the morning mailbox's arse after claims that Rafa Benitez has fluked his success. Plus, big talk about Liverpool's progress and lots more...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property