Tevez set to snub City deal

Carlos Tevez has revealed that he intends to head back to Argentina in 2014, rather than pen a new contract at Man City.

Last Updated: 20/01/13 at 10:24 Post Comment    Bet with SkyBet  Premier League. Click here to bet.

Latest Articles

Van Dijk plays down move

Post comment

Virgil van Dijk claims he knows nothing of interest from English clubs and is keen to prove himself in the Champions League with Celtic.

Uncertain future for Tom Carroll

Post comment

QPR loanee Tom Carroll wants to "make it at Tottenham" but is prepared to consider all of his options at the end of the season.

All Articles

Carlos Tevez: Intends to finish his care

Carlos Tevez: Intends to finish his care

Carlos Tevez has revealed that he intends to head back to Argentina in 2014, rather than pen a new contract at Manchester City.

City had been hoping that Tevez would agree to extend his stay at the Etihad Stadium, with a troubled past put to one side during contract negotiations.

Tevez has, however, snubbed the offer of a new two-year contract.

He will see out his current deal, which has 18 months left to run, but admits that he will then look to head home and link up with Boca Juniors for a second time.

Tevez said: "I've got a year left on my contract at Manchester City and they want me to sign for two more seasons.

"I would prefer to return home, but it is very difficult because City won't let me leave for nothing.

"I will stay in Europe for another two years and then go back.

"Boca's president always says the door is open for me to re-join them and I am dying to pull on their shirt once more. I want to end my career with them. It is my dream and the dream of my family as well.

"But I am under contract and have to be here in England."

Tevez has also revealed that he came closing to quitting the game last year during his now infamous spat with City boss Roberto Mancini - which led to him going AWOL.

He added: "I almost retired last year. I had lost the desire to play and spent time crying alone in my room.

"Bad things happened one after the other. I was knocked out of the Copa America with Argentina and I had my dispute with Roberto Mancini.

"I suffered psychologically. I did not want anything to do with football.

"I am much better now. I am winning people over because I began the new season well."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week


Bet with SkyBet  Premier League. Click here to bet.

Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Premier League: Tim Sherwood discusses Sandro snub and his future as Spurs boss

Spurs boss Tim Sherwood insisted he had "no problem" with Sandro despite dropping him for Saturday's win over Fulham.

Roberto Martinez says Manchester United will be title challengers again next season

Everton boss Roberto Martinez expects Manchester United to be Premier League title challengers again next season.

Premier League: Tottenham dent Fulham's survival hopes with 3-1 win at White Hart Lane

Tottenham dented Fulham's Premier League survival hopes with a 3-1 win over their London rivals at White Hart Lane.

Mail Box

Kieran's Not The Only One Keeping Notes

Another chap in the mailbox has been keeping notes on comments made by optimistic Man United fans. Plus, Garey Vance is offering a double-or-quits on his new tattoo...

Mignolet Is The Reason For Liverpool Flying

Mignolet's bad kicking is the reason for Liverpool's success, whilst one man keep notes on F365 mails. Plus England excitement, Arteta and a bad Walsall experience...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property