Senderos extends Fulham deal

Fulham have announced that defender Philippe Senderos has signed a one-year contract extension at Craven Cottage.

Last Updated: 01/03/13 at 15:28 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Ryan Nelsen says West Ham keeping Winston Reid is a coup

Post comment

Ryan Nelsen believes West Ham have issued a statement of intent by tying Winston Reid to a new deal.

Tottenham want striker Shaquile Coulthirst to go out on loan

Post comment

Tottenham are keen for striker Shaquile Coulthirst to continue his development out on loan after his spell at Southend.

All Articles

Philippe Senderos: New deal signed

Philippe Senderos: New deal signed

Philippe Senderos has committed his future to Fulham by signing a one-year contract extension.

Senderos arrived from Arsenal in 2010 and has gone on to make almost 50 appearances for the Cottagers.

The Swiss centre-back was due to leave the Barclays Premier League club but has now decided to remain until the summer of 2014.

Senderos struggled to make Martin Jol's team at the beginning of the season, but he has dislodged Aaron Hughes from the XI of late, starting the last four matches.

"I'm delighted to extend my stay with the club by a further year," Senderos told Fulham's website.

"I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at Fulham so far and I love playing for this club.

"I'm relishing playing first-team football and I'm confident that we can continue our recent good form and end the season strongly. A top-10 finish is certainly achievable."

Manager Jol, who takes his team to Sunderland on Saturday, will now hope that star centre-back Brede Hangeland follows Senderos' lead and commits his future to the club.


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Roy Hodgson says Harry Kane may miss out on England squad

Roy Hodgson says selecting Tottenham striker Harry Kane for the next England squad is far from a certainty.

Papiss Cisse faces seven-match ban after admitting FA charge

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse faces a seven-match ban after admitting an FA charge relating to Wednesday's spitting incident.

FA charges Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans

The FA have charged Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans over Wednesday's 'spitting' incident.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company