Conte happy with Chelsea link

Juventus boss Antonio Conte has welcomed speculation regarding a possible summer move to Chelsea.

Last Updated: 05/03/13 at 16:03 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Emmanuel Adebayor seen at Aston Villa training ground

Post comment

Tottenham’s Emmanuel Adebayor was seen at Aston Villa’s training ground on Tuesday, according to Sky sources.

Northampton Town sign Rod McDonald

Post comment

Northampton have announced the signing of centre-back Rod McDonald.

All Articles

Antonio Conte: Has welcomed reports link

Antonio Conte: Has welcomed reports link

Juventus boss Antonio Conte has welcomed speculation regarding a possible summer move to Chelsea, saying it is a good thing for both himself and his club.

The 43-year-old is rumoured to be among the candidates to replace Rafa Benitez in the Stamford Bridge hotseat at the end of the season.

Benitez, who was an unpopular choice of boss among sections of the club's support, confirmed last week in a stormy press conference that he intends to leave when his short term contract expires in the summer.

Conte, meanwhile, has established himself as one of Europe's leading coaches after guiding Juve to the Serie A title without losing a game last season.

The Turin giants are looking good to retain the trophy as they currently sit six points clear at the summit. They also hold a 3-0 advantage going into the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie against Celtic at the Juventus Stadium on Wednesday.

Speaking at a press conference ahead of that game Conte responded positively to questions regarding a possible move to the Premier League.

"My future? It is normal for some rumours to delight you, when you work well others notice it," said the former Siena and Atalanta boss.

"We are doing well as a group both in Italy and abroad and we have to continue like this."

Conte also confirmed that striker Nicklas Bendtner may face disciplinary action after he was arrested for drink driving back in his native Denmark last weekend.

The on-loan Arsenal striker has already been given a six month ban by the Danish FA following the incident in Copenhagen on Sunday and he may well face further sanctions from Juve.

"The club will examine the issue and will take necessary measures," added Conte.


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Arsene Wenger responds to Jose Mourinho taunt

Arsene Wenger has brushed off Jose Mourinho's latest taunts after the Chelsea boss said the Gunners' recent spending may come as "a surprise".

Manuel Pellegrini backs Raheem Sterling to justify price

Manuel Pellegrini insists Raheem Sterling will justify his club-record £49million price tag at Manchester City in the coming years.

Jose Mourinho: Arsenal spending way to title contention

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says Arsene Wenger is buying his way into Premier League title contention.

Mail Box

Di Maria Just Didn't Fit (S**t Happens)

If a signing doesn't work there doesn't have to be a massive witch hunt. So there. Plus a detailed net spend rant, Breel Embolo, computer games and Louis van Gaal...

The Calculator Is On Wenger's Side...

Over the last five years, Arsenal's net spent is about 55% of Chelsea's, so shush your mouth Jose. Plus, Van Gaal is attacked and defended in equal measure...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company